Sunday, July 17, 2011

IMA BAD PERSON!, I need Urgent HELP APPLE AIRPORT EXPRESS?

Alright the title may be a bit misleading, I am a bad person. But first lets give the background information! I will be attending college in Texas this upcoming fall 2011 Semester. Everything is all dandy, except one thing. My Dorm does not have Wifi. Now I know the first thing would be, Why do you need wifi in a 12' by 12' room? WELL the answer is that at times I want to work on my bed, or have some sort of freedom and not work at my desk 24/7 with an ugly ethernet cable. I want to be able to use my ipod for browsing the internet because sometimes its faster than loading up the computer etc... Unfortunatley for watever reason my College seems to think we should not have any routers. I for one, refuse to obey this law, and so i am indeed a bad person. But in all fairness im not planning on doing anything illegal, or obstructing anything. All i want is the freedom to work anywhere i want in my room, or use the interent function on my ipod. So i was browsing all through out the internet, and came upon stories with individuals who also faced the same problem but they figured out soultions to the problems. They said what they did was lower the signal level to just their rooms, kept their wifi password protected, and wifi invisible ( meaning that the only way you can find the wifi signal is if you knew the name of the network, and the password.) So I was wondering how do all this on airport express. Or if you have any other personal ways to have wifi without the school's IT knowing please share! Thanks for all the help guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment