Sunday, July 10, 2011

People living with autism (my little sister)?

i have a 15yo sister who was diagnosed with mild autism when she was about 4. she has a noticeable speech problem. takes her a second to say something right it sounds as if shes trying to blurt out sentences. likes isolation. at home she does not want to do anything other then watch tv. we always try to get her out but she always declines. im not sure but i think she eats alone at school and reads her books. she does well in school thought. she was in special ed but has been in regular classes for the past 4 years. i really dont know what to expect once she reaches the adult stage of her life. does anyone know adult people with autism living a regular life? i am currently fighting my own battles, debt, emotional, women lol, money etc. and i kind of feel like i have A LOT of pressure on me. my parents plan on buying a duplex so i could live next to my sister and im guessing take care of her. i kind of want to move away ,not leave my family but live my own life with my personal space. not literally right next to my parents and what will be my sis house. i love my sister and if i must be there i will but i just dont know what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment