Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vacated an apt due to a doctor's note and a positive mold test!?

Moved into a duplex unit and after 2-3 weeks of living there, I became ill. Was in and out of the Doctor's office 3 times in 2 weeks. Missed a weeks worth of work, lost 5 pounds. Started looking around and found mold on the basement wall. A friend suggested that I do a mold test so I did and sent it to the Lab in Florida and it came back with 3 different types of mold. Since I got a letter from my doctor, I have moved out of the unit and feel much better. With the doctor's letter and the mold test results, the landlord is still holding my security deposit - he says I broke my 1 yr lease - yes, I did but would you continue to live there when your sick all the time? On another note, I am allergic to anything with *cillin* in it so it makes me more sick to be around mold. He also wants me to continue paying rent until he rents the unit out. He told me, how do I know that you did the test correctly? It's not rocket scientist, that's how! He also told me that the molds that showed up are basic indoor/outdoor molds that everyone is susptible to. Cladosporium (catagorized as black mold is one of the mold tests that showed up from the Lab).

No comments:

Post a Comment