Monday, July 11, 2011

Who owes the utility bills on a bank owned foreclosed property?

here's my situation......i am a tenent in a duplex that i have lived in for going on five years that was foreclosed on in April of 2011, i renewed a lease in January 2011 with my landlord at the time that is good threw April of 2012, as of now the property is owned by a bank but i have not been contacted by this bank in any way,shape or form. it is my understanding that the bank is obligated to honor my current lease. long story short, i got a notice on my door from the water district stating that my water will be shut off at the end of the month due to unpaid bills. the balance due is for BOTH units of the duplex, and it states in my lease that the owner is responsible for water,sewage,and garbage. the old landlord isn't responsible because he doesn't own the property, and i feel the bank is responsible but have no idea how to get a hold of them, i'm currently not even paying rent to any one because i don't know who to pay it to because i haven't been contacted by anyone to tell me whats going on or what bank it is that owns it........someone out there has to be able to help me out here, i'm stuck in the middle of a bunch of B.S. simply because i live in this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment